Nordecon AS (formerly Eesti Ehitus), founded in 1989, is one of the largest construction groups in Estonia that operates in nearly every segment of the construction market.
For years, the cornerstones of our business strategy have been a clear focus on general contracting and project management and the policy of maintaining a reasonable balance between building and infrastructure construction. To support the core business, we have gradually extended our offering with various ancillary services such as concrete works, road maintenance, etc.
Nordecon offers high-quality professional service in the construction of commercial, industrial and public buildings and infrastructure assets.
To be the preferred partner in the construction industry for customers, subcontractors and employees.
To offer our customers sustainable building and infrastructure construction solutions that meet their needs and fit their budget and thus help them maintain and increase the value of their assets.
Nordecon has implemented an integrated management system to make sure that work is done and delivered as agreed with the customer, properly, reliably, professionally, sustainably and safely so that our customers, employees, owners and other stakeholders are satisfied.
The compliance of Nordecon’s management system with the quality management standard ISO 9001, environmental management standard ISO 14001 and occupational health and safety management standard ISO 45001 is verified by certificates issued by DNV:
ISO 14001 2015
The certificates apply to the following products and services: construction design, general contracting and project management; property development.
As a responsible company, we have implemented the following
QUALITY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT PRINCIPLES:
- We observe all applicable legal and other requirements.
- We increase reliability through transparent, fair and ethical activities.
- We evaluate risks and seek improvements across the entire service lifecycle.
- We offer innovative and sustainable solutions.
- We are flexible and keep up with market trends.
- We improve employee competence and invest in development and accountability.
- We improve the work environment and adopt measures to ensure high employee performance.
- We use environmentally friendly technologies, machinery and materials.
- We control and, wherever possible, avoid or reduce the adverse effects of hazardous factors.
- We involve our employees and business partners in increasing environmental and occupational safety and awareness.
- We consistently improve our management system to increase its functionality and effectiveness.
Digital construction, which means the use of various digital solutions, is part of our daily work.
The purpose of digital solutions is to make work more efficient, transparent and systematic, so that we can better analyse our activities and make smarter decisions.
- We use Building Information Modelling (BIM), i.e. 3D models, in all our projects, which helps prevent mistakes on the construction site. The as-built model delivered to the customer facilitates building documentation management and simplifies subsequent property maintenance.
- All documents related to our construction projects are generated digitally. Practically no project documents are signed on paper. Construction site digitalisation helps increase transparency and efficiency.
Nordecon is an active member of the board of the Estonian Digital Construction Cluster, where we contribute to the development of
digital construction in Estonia.
Our role in society
Nordecon has the strongest social impact through well-planned and safe construction processes and high-quality end-results: buildings and infrastructure assets. However, we also strive to contribute by supporting the development of the construction industry, the engineering profession and young talent. We work closely with professional associations, universities and professional qualification authorities in all matters related to the construction business. Promoting the engineering profession is particularly important in order to make the construction business more attractive for young talent and ensure that new construction engineers will continue to enter the labour market. We annually participate in career fairs, offer internship opportunities to students and support various activities aimed at young people.
Nordecon is one of the founders and major annual sponsors of the Nõmme Private School and cooperates closely with Tallinn University of Technology. Every year we award the Heinrich Laul scholarship to a young professor or researcher and two engineering scholarships to construction studies undergraduates of Tallinn University of Technology.
For years we have been supporting the Estonian Defence Forces – under a long-term support agreement with the National Defence Promotion Foundation we help recognise the best officer and the best non-commissioned officer serving in the Estonian Defence Forces. We also support Tallinna Linnateater to help one of the capital’s best theatres offer wonderful experiences to theatre lovers.
The Nordecon group has several subsidiaries which operate in the construction market. In addition to the parent Nordecon AS, general contractor services are offered by Nordecon Betoon OÜ (brand name NOBE) and Embach Ehitus AS. NOBE also offers the construction of concrete structures in Finland and Sweden.
The subsidiary Tariston is involved in infrastructure construction and year-round maintenance of national roads. The subsidiary Kaurits leases out heavy construction equipment and provides contractor services.
In foreign markets Nordecon operates through local subsidiaries: in Ukraine through Eurocon and in Sweden through Swencn.
Group structure at 31 December 2021 with interests in subsidiaries: